We are celebrating World Health Day 2016 by featuring some of our most nutritious and healthy recipes from our Executive Chef Paul Ratcliffe. These recipes are often included on our scrumptious menus.
On the 7th April, World Health Day will be celebrated across the country, promoting healthy living. Every year, the World Health Organisation (WHO) select a priority area of global public health concern as its main theme. The goal of this year’s campaign is to raise awareness of diabetes.
Maintaining a well-balanced and healthy diet is key to preventing the disease and caring for those with diabetes. At Morris Care we strive to provide nutritious and balanced meals for all our residents across all of our homes including those who are living with diabetes. Here is our recipe for a Crab and Mango salad.
Crab and Mango Salad with Lime and Chilli Dressing
- 1 medium, ripe mango
- 2 freshly dressed crabs approximately 140g each
- ½ cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 10g fresh mint, chopped
- 100g watercress
For the dressing
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Peel and thinly slice the mango
- Remove all the light and dark meat from the crab and place in a bowl
- Add the mango, cucumber, watercress, mint and chilli and mix together
- Separate 4 portions into bowls
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve with lime wedges and warm ciabatta
Keep your eyes peeled over the next week as we will be posting two more of our most wholesome and nutritious recipes for you to try at home.
Click here if you would like to speak to someone from Morris Care about caring for a relative with diabetes or any other queries.
For more information on WHO visit www.who.int