Dear Family & Friends
As we enter the Spring and Summer months ahead, we hope to see many more of you in our glorious gardens with your loved ones enjoying time together.
There is government guidance still in place in terms of visiting, but we hope to see some relaxation of the rules and requirements over the next month. At present:
• Unlimited visiting for care home residents remains in place, with no limit on the number of visitors allowed into care homes as long as there are no infection outbreaks
• Reduced isolation is required following a COVID-19 infection for those receiving care. Self-isolation periods were cut and now care homes only have to follow outbreak management rules for 10 days rather than 14 days.
We still follow PPE and infection prevention control protocols and there is little change inside our care homes yet. Testing requirements remain in place only when a home has been classified as in outbreak.
At the current time all employees, residents and visitors must continue to:
• Follow the appropriate testing regimes
• Confirm they are fit and well before entering the care home
• Wear PPE including masks according to our protocols
• Visit in visiting rooms or residents’ bedrooms where it is safe and appropriate to do so and, of course, you can meet in our gardens.
We are still experiencing staff absences and isolation in some homes so please check with your home if needed.
We continue to prioritise the care and safety of residents living in our homes and we look forward to seeing you all – both inside and outside our homes over the coming months.
Lucy Holl, Chief ExecutiveVIEW OUR VISITING CHARTER
Message my loved one
This new service means you can send a message in the morning by email and we will share it with your loved one later that day.
Don’t forget to include their name and room number in the email subject so we can help your message on its way. Messages received by 11am will be delivered that day. If we receive your message after 11am then we‘ll ensure it's shared the next day.
Connecting with your loved ones
Following our pages on social media is a great way of gaining first hand insight into our Homes and how we are keeping spirits up with camaraderie, conversation and activities.
Social life heroes
These are some of our Social Life Heroes helping keep your loved ones happy, content and stimulated.
If you would like to arrange a time for a video call with a resident, please click here and telephone the Home relevant to your loved one and ask for our Social Life Co-ordinator to contact you.