Advice for You
Choosing a new nursing home requires careful consideration, which is why we recommend visiting as many residential care homes as you can. If you are able to make an appointment, we can ensure we have plenty of time to show you around and answer any questions you may have. If you want to just turn up however we can still welcome you at any time, offering you the chance to meet with our staff, sit with residents and check the chairs are comfortable!
Your local social services department will have a list of registered homes in your area but also speak to friends and relatives for their recommendations.
Visit as many nursing homes as you can and speak with staff, residents and managers so you can make comparisons. Find out if they can cater for the specific care needs of the person in question:.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What was your initial greeting on arrival?
- Were the bedrooms well equipped, comfortable and warm?
- Are there enough living and dining areas?
- What kind of social activities does the home offer?
- Is there a varied menu and good use of fresh food? Is there access to a garden?
- What is the general atmosphere like? – Is it calm; are there any offensive odours, do residents appear happy?
- What is the staff to resident ratio?
If you are considering moving a relative into one of our care homes why not join us for a trial day, free of charge and meet staff and residents. For more information please contact the Home Manager at the nursing home of your choice or click here to view a brochure from each of our care homes.
Get in touch
Telephone:0345 515 0013